Blake e-Learning is looking for Elixir developers. We've been using Elixir in prod for about 6 months now for a couple of services, and have enjoyed the development experience and performance of the new systems. Our next targets are some higher volume apps, where we will be replacing Rails APIs with Elixir.
We're looking for 2 or 3 developers to join us.
What you'll be doing:
- Building robust and scalable applications and services in Elixir
- Working closely with other engineering teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use-cases and translate those into technical solutions
- Helping to improve code quality through unit tests, automation and code reviews
- Coordinating with our DevOps team on releases and the analysis of system performance
What we're looking for:
- A portfolio chock full of juicy Elixir (and/or Ruby) code
- Commercial experience delivering projects in a timely manner
- Demonstrable understanding of OTP, esp. GenServers, Supervisors and Applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang in a commercial setting
- Open source contributions
Blake eLearning is located in Leichhardt, Australia, about 5kms from the Sydney CBD. We'd prefer full-time, on-site devs, though this is negotiable for the right candidates.
Blake eLearning is Australia's leader in online education for children of all ages.
Our learning sites and tablet apps are loved by kids world-wide.
No recruiters please!