Senior Software Engineer
Blake is looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join our Backend team. This person will be working on building apis and services for our suite of educational software and reporting systems. The projects you will work on will be a mix of building new services as well as improving, maintaining our existing elixir/rails apps. This is a great opportunity to work collaboratively with a talented team of engineers to solve interesting problems with the latest tech, whilst building products that make a positive difference in children's lives.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and build robust, scalable, well tested Elixir applications
- Maintaining & improving existing Rails applications
- Work with business stakeholders and the Frontend team to flesh out requirements and document api specs
- Contribute to planning and prioritising of features for each iteration
- Code reviews, providing constructive feedback so that our code is consistent, readable and performant
- Coordinating with our DevOps team, analysing app performance and planning releases
- Help shape the vision of our tech stack and architecture
- Demonstrable understanding of OTP, GenServers, Supervisors and PubSub
- You are in to functional programming but also know OOP
- Willing to help out your fellow engineers but also not afraid to ask for help
- Ability to take and give constructive feedback
- Curious how things work and always learning
- Excellent communication skills
We're a team of considerate, creative, pragmatic developers who love to discuss technology and build new shiny things. We take pride and ownership of our work and strive to make things better for our customers, for the business and for our fellow engineers. We also offer:
- In-house barista, free coffee!
- Work from home flexibility
- Adjustable standing desks
- The office door is locked at 5pm. We work hard, but at 5 it's time to go home!
- Ping pong table
- Cycling facilities. Ride to work, lock up your bike and shower for the day.
- We're a pretty social bunch, even outside work hours.
Blake eLearning is located in Leichhardt, Australia, about 5kms from the Sydney CBD. We'd prefer full-time, on-site devs, though this is negotiable for the right candidates.
Blake eLearning is Australia's leader in online education for children of all ages.
Our learning sites and tablet apps are loved by kids world-wide.
No recruiters please!