Senior DevOps Engineer
At Blake, we’re looking for a Senior DevOps engineer. The role encompasses 2 broad areas:
- Serving customers by provisioning and scaling public-facing servers
- Helping development teams by providing and iterating deployment and debugging tools
At the infrastructure level, we’re looking for someone with a working knowledge of:
- AWS - EC2, RDS, Route 53, S3
- CoreOS container Linux and fleetd
- MySQL and Postgres
Knowledge of the technologies we deploy or would need based on our roadmap is a plus:
- Elixir (Erlang/Beam)
Our “traditional” stack is provisioned on EC2-classic using an in-house tool and Chef. Apps are generally Rails and are deployed using Capistrano. We’re transitioning to a new stack using terraform to provision generic CoreOS container Linux machines onto EC2 VPCs. Apps are a mix of Rails and Elixir and are deployed using fleetd driven by an in-house tool. We are looking to do a phased migration of clusters to Kubernetes in the medium to long term, therefore an understanding of Kubernetes cluster deployments in production is a big bonus.
We have a good team and good culture at Blake.
- Take pride in our work - doing it well is of benefit to both us as devs and the company.
- Pursue continuous professional improvement through learning, reflection and discussion.
- The office door is locked at 5pm. We work hard, but at 5 it's time to go home!
- Work from home flexibility
- Cycling facilities. Ride to work, lock up your bike and shower for the day.
- We're a pretty social bunch, even outside work hours.
Blake eLearning is Australia's leader in online education for children of all ages.
Our learning sites and tablet apps are loved by hundreds of thousands of kids world-wide in both a home and school setting.
No recruiters please!