iOS / Android Engineer
At Blake, we’re looking for a Mid-Senior native app software engineer. The role encompasses the following areas:
- Developing new native applications. We’re about to start building a brand new app to serve a new market with our world class products.
- Maintaining and improving existing products. We have a number of existing iOS and Android applications that may need improvements from time to time.
- Working within a cross functional team. You will be a part of a team consisting of other specialists in Frontend & Backend technologies who will work closely with you to integrate our native apps with existing web applications.
Once a month we meet for various steering groups to discuss processes and team best practices. Anything goes and anyone can contribute. In the past team members have used this process to introduce things like spiking a move to TypeScript, getting regenerator in for async/await, and all kinds of code structural changes to name a few.
Technologies and skills
- Extensive experience developing apps in Swift or Kotlin
- Able to write re-usable, clean, structured code with tests
- Up to date with the latest iOS and Android app development trends
- Experience integrating with various authentication providers
- Experience integrating with backend APIs and integrating with a progressive web app
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with non technical stakeholders
Our other current technologies include:
- Frontend: Ember.js, SCSS, Tailwind, QUnit, Prettier
- Backend: Ruby, Rails, Rspec, Elixir, Phoenix
- Tooling & Infrastructure: Git, Node, Bash, PostgreSQL, Docker, Cloudflare, AWS, Redis
Knowledge of any of these technologies is obviously a plus.
We have a good team and good culture at Blake.
- Take pride in our work - doing it well is of benefit to both us as devs and the company.
- Pursue continuous professional improvement through learning, reflection and discussion.
- In-house barista, free coffee!
- Work from home flexibility - or even fully remote within Australia.
- The office door is locked at 5pm. We work hard, but at 5 it's time to go home!
- Pool table
- Cycling facilities. Ride to work, lock up your bike and shower for the day.
- We're a pretty social bunch, even outside work hours.
Blake eLearning is Australia's leader in online education for children of all ages.
Our learning sites and tablet apps are loved by hundreds of thousands of kids world-wide in both a home and school setting.
No recruiters please!